Saturday, February 26, 2011

Acne And Perimenopause

LA SPIGOLATRICE DI SAPRI



The bass Sapri
(Mercantini Louis, 1857)


were three hundred, they were young and strong, and they died!
I was going in the morning to glean,
when I saw a boat in the sea:
was a boat that was going to steam
and raised a tricolor flag, the island of Ponza
has stopped, was
a little, and then returned;
has run and came back to earth;
went down with their arms, and we have not made war.

went down with their arms, and we did not do war, but
s'inchinaron to kiss the ground,
looked at them one by one in the face;
all had a tear and a smile. Li said they
thieves out of their holes,
but not carried away even a bread
and heard them send a single cry: We have come to die
PEL our shore. "

With blue eyes and golden hair
with a young man walking ahead of them.
I made bold and took him by the hand,
asked, "Where are you going, handsome captain?"
He looked at me and said, "O my sister,
'm going to die for my country better."
I felt all my heart tremble, nor
I could say, "V'aiuti 'the Lord!"

Quel giorno mi scordai di spigolare,
e dietro a loro mi misi ad andare.
Due volte si scontrar con li gendarmi,
e l'una e l'altra li spogliar dell'armi;
ma quando fur della Certosa ai muri,
s'udirono a suonar trombe e tamburi;
e tra 'l fumo e gli spari e le scintille
piombaro loro addosso più di mille.

Eran trecento, e non voller fuggire;
parean tremila e vollero morire;
ma vollero morir col ferro in mano,
e avanti a lor correa sangue il piano:
fin che pugnar vid'io per lor pregai;
ma un tratto venni men, né più guardai;
io non vedeva più fra mezzo a loro
quegli occhi azzurri e quei capelli d'oro.

were three hundred, they were young and strong, and they died!




0 comments:

Post a Comment